Connecting and Collaborating with Others
This 3-hour course includes 90 minutes of live online instruction and 90 minutes of self-directed learning.
To have friends, we must be friendly. Seems simple, but many employees and leaders neglect to build trusting relationships with peers and managers, resulting in a turbulent work environment. Building rapport means building cooperation and collaboration, resulting in productive work relationships. This course explores the benefits of connecting positively with others, be it a single customer or a whole team of peers or reports.
For the best value, purchase this course as part of the:
Customer Service Effectiveness 1 Year Subscription, or
Professional Essentials 1 Year Subscription.
Any worker who needs to connect with customers or colleagues and build rapport quickly
What You’ll Learn
This live online course teaches Dale Carnegie’s proven principles for building trust and rapport in relationships. You’ll discover how to become a friendlier person and how to win people to your way of thinking. You’ll exit this class with a process for driving collaboration that will lead to better business results.
Your Dale Carnegie trainers are as well-versed in the course materials as they are in their usage of them. Each trainer embodies the principles they’re teaching, putting them into action in real-time with you in the course.
Why You Want To Learn It
Building rapport enhances relationships. Which, in turn, gains cooperation from others as your influence grows. Which, in turn, positions you as a leader amongst your peers and teams. Knowing how to effectively connect with others is a skill that will carry you far in work and in life.
How It Will Help You
Enhanced relationships enable you to work more efficiently and effectively with your colleagues. When you do this, you end up with a better work environment, increasing both morale and engagement for yourself and others. These are skills that can help you meet your career goals, no matter what they are.
- Interpersonal Skills: Consistently builds strong, long-term relationships both inside and outside the organization.
- Communication: Practices active listening supported with relevant oral and written information.
- Leadership: Drives business results by aligning the vision, mission, and values to enhance business value. Draws upon the unique talents and abilities of others to achieve desired results.
- External Awareness: Sees things from different points of view and recognizes the impact that actions have on others. Keeps up-to-date with issues and trends that affect areas of responsibility.
- Diversity: Appreciates and leverages capabilities, insights, and ideas across a group of individuals diverse in culture, style, ability, and drive.
- Teamwork: Aligns resources by matching talent to tasks to deliver most effectively on individual and team and organizational goals.
Get equipped with the right strategy to build your organization’s resilience, and strengthen your culture and engagement. Understand the most critical leadership skills to grow your next generation of leaders. Access this on-demand executive webinar. View Webinar >
Dale Carnegie Methodology
The Dale Carnegie® methodology is time-tested with thousands of testimonials attesting that it works. From the very start, on an individual level, you will set stretch goals and with the support of the social learning environment, the ‘in-the-moment’ coaching by the highly trained facilitators, the accountability to commitments, progress will be visible to yourself and others. In the Dale Carnegie® methodology, we focus on building strengths to overpower our weaknesses. We believe that everyone has inherent greatness, and it simply needs to be identified and nurtured.