Leading Virtual Teams
When we have team members working virtually, it can seem like we don’t have instant access to individuals daily. This is really a misperception on our part because technology makes it easy to communicate with people anytime, anywhere. The trick is, to make sure the communication is clear and received.
Build on your confidence to work through others in a trusting and dynamic relationship to gain connection, collaboration, and commitment.
For the best value, purchase this course as part of the Leadership Essentials 1 Year Subscription.
Leaders who lead virtual teams.
What You’ll Learn
In this two-session course, leaders of virtual teams will build on skills to create connections through engaging meetings. Earn the confidence of the team through effective communication that builds trust, credibility, and respect. Employ tools to gain collaboration, mediate conflict, and coach in a virtual environment. Develop a leadership plan that results in gaining commitment from the team.
Session One Focus:
- Increase engagement in your virtual team
- Build trust and camaraderie across the distance
- Use energizers and activities for teambuilding
Session Two Focus:
- Overcome barriers to virtual communication
- Resolve conflict and foster a supportive environment
- Coach for performance improvement
The course also addresses the important factor of technology. The Dale Carnegie team will be demonstrating a variety of tools and techniques that you can use to manage the people side of your virtual team. Technology is always changing and expanding; once you have the human side developed, you can adjust to the technology.
Discover your unique strengths as a leader and develop additional tools that will help you achieve the skills and characteristics that can push you to the next level of success as a leader in your organization.
Supportive Environment: Each time a new tool is introduced, it is practiced the ‘right’ way and coached in the moment before moving it out into your work. Once a tool has been tested with team members and others, the group holds itself accountable by reporting back on what did or did not work. This fascinating approach makes it possible for everyone to learn from each other’s efforts. By experiencing a series of successful attempts with positive reinforcement, habits are changed, and new skills are ingrained.
Expect Thoroughly Trained Trainers: Dale Carnegie trainers are highly vetted and undergo intense training that is ISO9002 certified to achieve consistent results globally. While part of a global organization, they are connected to your local culture, customs and language.
Why You Want To Learn It
Rapid advances increase the tools and technologies that virtual teams can use to communicate and collaborate in real-time. Some of these tools include web conferencing, file sharing, and document collaboration. These methods can simulate a face-to-face environment, allowing group brainstorming, planning, and true synchronous collaboration.
Leaders of virtual teams will be inspired to take deliberate actions to overcome the challenges of virtual working. This course will motivate and assist you in taking those intentional actions to achieve results.
How It Will Help You
Use your new skills to achieve measurable results, securing your place as a valued contributor. As you develop your leadership abilities in a virtual space, you’ll find yourself inspiring your team to additional connection, collaboration, and commitment.
- Adaptability: Open-minded. Demonstrates flexibility and a positive attitude when faced with changes.
- Teamwork: Aligns resources by matching talent to task to deliver most effectively on individual and team and organizational goals.
- Communication: Practices active listening supported with relevant oral and written information.
- Leadership: Drives business results by aligning the vision, mission, and values to enhance business value. Draws upon the unique talents and abilities of others to achieve desired results.
- Influence: Consistently directs situations and inspires mutual commitment and an all-win outcome.
- Management Controls: Implements and oversees necessary policy and controls to ensure the integrity and efficiency of the organization’s processes.
Employee Engagement: It's Time to Go 'All In'
Get information that will help you to start developing a real plan to drive employee engagement. Identify areas for strategic investments that will create results. Start to engage your employees! Read More >
Dale Carnegie Methodology
The Dale Carnegie® methodology is time-tested with thousands of testimonials attesting that it works. From the very start, on an individual level, you will set stretch goals and with the support of the social learning environment, the ‘in-the-moment’ coaching by the highly trained facilitator(s), the accountability to commitments, progress will be visible to yourself and others. In the Dale Carnegie® methodology, we focus on building strengths to overpower our weaknesses. We believe that everyone has inherent greatness, and it simply needs to be identified and nurtured.