Cultivate Power Without Being Intimidating
This 3-hour course includes 90 minutes of live online instruction and 90 minutes of self-directed learning.
Successful organizational leadership requires being able to maintain control without intimidating others to the point where they are reluctant to act. To gain the respect of your team members, you need to be approachable and receptive. Using Dale Carnegie’s principles, this course develops your interpersonal leadership skills and retains respect, without compromising good will.
For the best value, purchase this course as part of the Executive Effectiveness 1 Year Subscription.
What You’ll Learn
You will be presented with 9 tips for changing behavior without creating resentment. Analyze difficult attitudes and behaviors, and discover ways to steer contentious people and situations. Learn how to give and receive constructive feedback and master the ability to keep your cool under pressure.
Why You Want To Learn It
This course focuses on ways you can re-direct bad behaviors, and maintain control and increase performance -- without intimidating others. It’s like having your cake and eating it too! You’re in charge, and people like and respect you. Score!
How It Will Help You
You’ll be able to keep your cool under pressure. Tap into new ways to effectively assuage unpleasant people and events, without coercion. In short, you’ll be able to function in disaster and finish in style!
- Leadership: Drives business results by aligning the vision, mission, and values to enhance business value. Draws upon the unique talents and abilities of others to achieve desired results.
- Interpersonal Skills: Consistently builds strong, long-term relationships both inside and outside the organization.
- Management Controls: Implements and oversees necessary policy and controls to ensure the integrity and efficiency of the organization’s processes.
- Results-oriented: Passionate about accomplishments and dedicated to achieving goals and solving problems.
- Initiative: Proactively makes things happen. Evaluates and takes corrective action with self and others.
Dale Carnegie Methodology
The Dale Carnegie® methodology is time-tested with thousands of testimonials attesting that it works. From the very start, on an individual level, you will set stretch goals and with the support of the social learning environment, the ‘in-the-moment’ coaching by the highly trained facilitators, the accountability to commitments, progress will be visible to yourself and others. In the Dale Carnegie® methodology, we focus on building strengths to overpower our weaknesses. We believe that everyone has inherent greatness, and it simply needs to be identified and nurtured.