This 3-hour course includes 90 minutes of live online instruction and 90 minutes of self-directed learning.
In this course, we examine the ways we can influence the efficiency and effectiveness of our organization and work team, even if we are not the ones giving all the orders. We also commit to being more flexible in responding to others. Finally, we explore ways of managing our priorities and expectations, while accomplishing our goals and the goals of our manager at the same time.
For the best value, purchase this course as part of the: Professional Essentials 1 Year Subscription.
What You’ll Learn
Managing Up is about how to sell an idea “up” the organization. You’ll learn the importance of planning how to communicate with managers and colleagues, and now to manage priorities and expectations. Equally important to how we communicate our ideas, we’ll learn how to effectively receive suggestions and feedback.
Why You Want To Learn It
No matter how intelligent and well-informed an organization’s leaders are, they can’t always see the big picture in every situation. We may find ourselves wanting to communicate ideas and suggestions to managers in a way that will improve the overall leadership of the organization, even if we’re not in official leadership positions ourselves.
How It Will Help You
Your leadership needs to understand what’s happening in the organization from all viewpoints, including yours. You have the opportunity to influence those around you, including those to whom you report, in a way that builds trust and confidence. When done properly, presenting your ideas to leadership is a great opportunity to highlight your value to your team and your organization.
- Initiative: Proactively makes things happen. Evaluates and takes corrective action with self and others.
- Results-oriented: Passionate about accomplishments and dedicated to achieving goals and solving problems.
- Vision: Future-oriented. Applies imagination and wisdom to develop a compelling picture of what could and should be in terms of ultimate success.
- Communication: Practices active listening supported with relevant oral and written information.
- Leadership: Drives business results by aligning the vision, mission, and values to enhance business value. Draws upon the unique talents and abilities of others to achieve desired results.
- External Awareness: Sees things from different points of view and recognizes the impact that actions have on others. Keeps up-to-date with issues and trends that affect areas of responsibility.
- Accountability: Accepts responsibility and encourages others to do the same
Dale Carnegie Methodology
The Dale Carnegie® methodology is time-tested with thousands of testimonials attesting that it works. From the very start, on an individual level, you will set stretch goals and with the support of the social learning environment, the ‘in-the-moment’ coaching by the highly trained facilitators, the accountability to commitments, progress will be visible to yourself and others. In the Dale Carnegie® methodology, we focus on building strengths to overpower our weaknesses. We believe that everyone has inherent greatness, and it simply needs to be identified and nurtured.