Leading Across Generations
In the quest for inclusivity, honoring the strengths of each generation is foundational. It is a well-documented fact that diversity leads to more innovation, retention, and bottom-line success.
Leading a team of diverse generations can be an incredibly rich and productive experience when you have the skills in place to capitalize on the strengths of each generation. You will learn the approaches that will most often help you lead members of each generation, resulting in an engaging and productive work environment for everyone.
For the best value, purchase this course as part of the Leadership Effectiveness 1 Year Subscription.
Any supervisor or manager who wants to increase productivity, boost morale, and improve quality.
What You’ll Learn
- Learn the characteristics of each generation and analyze the make-up of your team.
- Strategize on how to adapt your preferred communication style to influence other generations.
- Discuss the value of targeted feedback and how to connect it to the individual.
- Discover and practice a coaching model that operates in the context of the team member’s generational preferences.
While all generations want to be treated with equity and respect, each generational cohort has traits in common. Generational differences are the result of three key factors – parenting, technology, and economics.
Discover: Discover the richness of experience in working with multiple generations. Celebrate the differences that make each generation great, and watch these differences become exciting opportunities to collaborate. Push yourself to your next level of success as a leader in your organization.
Expect Thoroughly Trained Trainers: Dale Carnegie trainers are highly vetted and undergo intense training that is ISO9002 certified to achieve consistent results globally. While part of a global organization, they are connected to your local culture, customs and language. As a bonus, all Dale Carnegie Trainers have “walked the talk” in their efforts as leaders to develop their own teams.
Why You Want To Learn It
Today’s workforce may comprise as many as five generations working side-by-side. While it is always dangerous to generalize, individuals in each generation tend to have a similar mindset, work style, and way of communicating. This being the case, leading and managing multigenerational teams has become essential to building an inclusive successful team. As you learn to communicate effectively and connect with others, differences can be viewed as healthy, exciting opportunities to collaborate.
How It Will Help You
As a result of this course, you will gain:
- A more inclusive team environment that can lead to a more diverse culture in your organization
- Additional confidence in yourself as a leader and manager in a multi-generational context
- Diversity: Appreciates and leverages capabilities, insights, and ideas across a group of individuals diverse in culture, style, ability, and drive.
- Leadership: Drives business results by aligning the vision, mission, and values to enhance business value. Draws upon the unique talents and abilities of others to achieve desired results.
- Communication: Practices active listening supported with relevant oral and written information.
- Influence: Consistently directs situations and inspires mutual commitment and an all-win outcome.
- Teamwork: Aligns resources by matching talent to task to deliver most effectively on individual and team and organizational goals.
You will be guided through a brief analysis of what motivates each generation in today’s workforce, from Baby Boomers, to Generation X, to Millenials. Each generation has its unique mindset, work style, and ways of communication. Mastering ways to motivate team members individually will enable managers to capitalize on the strengths that each member brings to the team. Read More >
Dale Carnegie Methodology
The Dale Carnegie® methodology is time-tested with thousands of testimonials attesting that it works. From the very start, on an individual level, you will set stretch goals and with the support of the social learning environment, the ‘in-the-moment’ coaching by the highly trained facilitator(s), the accountability to commitments, progress will be visible to yourself and others. In the Dale Carnegie® methodology, we focus on building strengths to overpower our weaknesses. We believe that everyone has inherent greatness, and it simply needs to be identified and nurtured.