Transforming Customer Complaints into Opportunities
This 3-hour course includes 90 minutes of live online instruction and 90 minutes of self-directed learning.
You will explore the variety of causes of complaints, identify ways to neutralize negative attitudes, and follow a process that deals with both the emotional and logical elements of complaints. You will create approaches to maintain a positive attitude, even when dealing with difficult people and difficult issues.
For the best value, purchase this course as part of the Customer Service Essentials 1 Year Subscription.
Anyone interested in great customer service and managing the stress that can come with difficult people and difficult issues.
What You’ll Learn
A complaint doesn’t have to be a negative experience. Using ideas from this course, you can help turn a complaint into an opportunity to create a loyal customer. Cross and up-selling opportunities can result from a well-handled complaint. Finally, examining the root causes of your common complaints can help you find ways to reduce or eliminate them. By effectively resolving complaints you can reduce stress, build relationships and improve customer loyalty and retention.
- What the most common complaints are in your organization
- 7 steps to transform a complaint into an opportunity
- The importance of listening with empathy to both the logical and emotional sides of a complaint
- Asking relevant questions to get to the bottom of a complaint
- Use a process that helps to restore and retain the customer
- Identify natural openings for cross and up-selling
- Ways to manage and keep your emotions in check
- Test questions to make sure that you have done everything possible to satisfy the customer
- The importance of follow-through to sustain the relationship
Professional practices can help you stand out in your organization as a customer champion.
Expect Thoroughly Trained Trainers: Dale Carnegie trainers are highly vetted and undergo intense training that is ISO9002 certified to achieve consistent results globally. While part of a global organization, they are connected to your local culture, customs and language. As a bonus, all Dale Carnegie Trainers have “walked the talk” in achieving success in customer service.
Why You Want To Learn It
Complaints are a necessary part of doing business. Products, services, organizations, and people aren’t perfect so it is inevitable that problems will arise. If handled to the customer’s satisfaction, research indicates that complaints are good for business.
How It Will Help You
With improved complaint resolution skills, you’ll bolster your service reputation by consistently solving customer problems. You’ll manage emotions in sticky situations, and maintain a low-stress environment no matter what. Watch customer retention increase as your customers feel a greater sense of appreciation and loyalty.
You will be inspired to know, serve, and cherish the customers that help build your brand.
- Customer Experience: Sees the world from the customer perspective to create a positive engagement that meets their needs and creates loyal champions of our organization.
- Interpersonal Skills: Consistently builds strong, long-term relationships both inside and outside the organization.
- Conflict Resolution: Encourages people to work through contentious situations and works with them to find solutions when necessary.
- Communication: Practices active listening supported with relevant oral and written information.
- Stress Management: Differentiates between dynamic tension and negative stress, and maintains productive behaviors in difficult situations.
Exceptional customer service is about creating meaningful relationships and memorable moments at every touchpoint. You’ll first be introduced to nine ways to strengthen relationships with customers. You also learn telephone courtesy skills, an 8-step complaint resolution process, types of questions to ask to uncover needs, 5 five steps for asking for a referral, and more! Read More >
Dale Carnegie Methodology
The Dale Carnegie® methodology is time-tested with thousands of testimonials attesting that it works. From the very start, on an individual level, you will set stretch goals and with the support of the social learning environment, the ‘in-the-moment’ coaching by the highly trained facilitator(s), the accountability to commitments, progress will be visible to yourself and others. In the Dale Carnegie® methodology, we focus on building strengths to overpower our weaknesses. We believe that everyone has inherent greatness, and it simply needs to be identified and nurtured.