Política de Privacidade
Dale Carnegie & Associates, Inc. (“Dale Carnegie” or “we” or “us” and similar terms) is committed to protecting your personal information. We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use, and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
1. Who We Are
Dale Carnegie & Associates, Inc. collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you.
2. The Personal Information We Collect and Use
a. Information Collected by Us
When you download any of our resources on this website, consent to the use of your current location, attend events or a training session, register for (or are registered for by your employer) any of our services and/or the purchase of goods/services offered on this website, we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
• Contact Details: your name, postal and email addresses and phone number;
• Demographic Details: your gender, age, postal code;
• Location Information: IP address or mobile device location information;
• Profile Data: your hobbies, interests; and
• Payment Confirmation: confirmation of your payment with our third-party credit card processor (no payment details regarding your credit card number, ACH or other payment methodology is shared with us).
b. How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
• Provide you access and support to the goods and services you request;
• Contact you with respect to the goods and services you request; and
• Send you information on other goods and services that may be of interest to you.
c. Who We Share Your Personal Information With
Generally, your personal information is not shared with anyone outside of Dale Carnegie.
Non-personal information. To help us serve you better, we collect information that does not identify you personally, but rather identifies your computer or browser. This is done by tracking IP addresses and other information such as browser type and version, operating system, and/or platform to analyze trends, help us administer the website, track the movement of visitors, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Aggregated demographic information. We may share aggregated demographic data with third parties, but this information is not linked to any personal information that can identify you or any other individual person. Therefore, no personal information is disclosed in this manner.
d. Information You Provide and Why
You can visit and enjoy our website without disclosing any personal information about yourself.
If you want to obtain a free report or white paper, we require you to provide your name and email address so we can deliver it to you.
If you register for a course, we require you to provide your name, email address, mailing address and phone number so we can enroll you in the course and provide the services to you, as well as communicate updates about the course. All payment information is handled by a third party provider and is not disclosed to Dale Carnegie, other than the completion of the transaction.
If you are registered for a course by your employer, we will receive your name, work email address and work mailing address so we can enroll you in the course and provide the services to you, as well as communicate updates about the course.
If you wish to receive more information or be in contact with us, we require you to provide us with your email address and name. We then, with your explicit permission, will be in touch with you from time to time on matters we deem of interest to you.
e. How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept
We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
• The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you keep using the Services)
• Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
• Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations)
f. Reasons We Can Collect and Use Your Personal Information
We rely on your consent and/or our contract to perform services for your employer as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data.
3. Consequences of Our Use of Your Personal Information
We would, however, like to use your name and email address to inform you of future offers and similar products and services. This information is not shared with third parties and you can unsubscribe at any time via phone, email or on our website. Please indicate below if this is something you would like to sign up to:
Please send me details about future offers from Dale Carnegie.
4. Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
5. Changes to This Privacy Notice
This privacy notice was published on May 25, 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via updates to this website.
6. How to Contact Us
If you wish to contact our Data Protection Officer, please send an email to [email protected] or write to Dale Carnegie & Associates, Inc.:
Robert D. Rose, Esq.
Senior Contracts Counsel
Dale Carnegie & Associates, Inc.
58 S. Service Rd., Suite 301
Melville, NY 11747, USA
7. Do You Need Extra Help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see “How to Contact Us” above).
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR VISITORS FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION AND INCLUDING THE UNITED KINGDOM (“EEA”)
General Data Protection Regulation
When we collect and use personal information about you, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as controller of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Transfer of Your Information Out of the EEA
Dale Carnegie & Associates, Inc. is a United States based entity and, as such, any interaction with this website is processed in the United States as well as your country of origin. The Personal Information you provide will be shared with Dale Carnegie employees in the United States, as well as the franchise owners and their employees in your country of origin within the European Union, including the United Kingdom. This is because Dale Carnegie and its franchisees utilize shared software, IT hosting and maintenance, with servers located in the European Union and United States. No third parties have access to your personal information unless the law allows them to do so. We have a Data Protection Program in place to oversee the effective and secure profession of your personal information.
If you would like further information please contact our Data Protection Officer (see “How to contact us” above). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the EEA or the United Kingdom or to any organization (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
Maintenance of Your Information
We are required to maintain information provided to us for a period of six (6) years for legal, audit and regulatory purposes. However, if you have provided us with your personal information for marketing purposes (i.e., to send you information about goods and services you may be interested in), you notify us at any time that you no longer wish to be contacted and we will remove you from our records.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information;
• Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address;
• Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
• Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
• Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
• Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
• Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
• Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information; and
• Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• Email, call, or write to our Data Protection Officer;
• Let us have enough information to identify you (e.g., account number, user name, registration details);
• Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill);
• Let us know the information to which your request relates; and/or
• If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter, you can also click on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email newsletter. It may take up to seven (7) days for this to take place.
*In the event of any inconsistencies between the English version of this Policy and any version of this Policy in any other language, the English version shall prevail.