This 3-hour course includes 90 minutes of live online instruction and 90 minutes of self-directed learning.
Delegation isn’t just about moving stuff off your plate. It’s about developing others while efficiently achieving specific organizational outcomes. Delegation takes some work on a leader’s part to determine who is ready for specific assignments and who can take ownership, while not taking control.
For the best value, purchase this course as part of the Leadership Essentials 1 Year Subscription.
Managers who want to become more effective at leading their team by creating buy-in and accountability.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll learn to create fair but demanding accountability systems that get results. Using an adaptable delegation process, you’ll plan and prepare for giving assignments and structure tasks that develop others. By employing an empowerment cycle, you can communicate clear expectations about performance standards.
Why You Want To Learn It
You can’t do everything yourself. Identifying opportunities for delegating tasks, and the people who are ready to tackle them, is a key management skill for getting things done on time and on budget. Knowing the fine art of delegating enables you to produce results through empowerment!
How It Will Help You
While it might seem like you can just hand over an assignment to someone else and they’ll handle it, sometimes it’s not that easy. This workshop helps you discern who can handle what, and you’ll have a system for communicating those tasks in a way team members understand and feel empowered. You’ll hold others accountable for given responsibilities, enabling you to produce more work in less time through the collaboration.
- Accountability: Accepts responsibility and encourages others to do the same.
- Management Controls: Implements and oversees necessary policies and controls to ensure the integrity and efficiency of the organization’s processes.
- Leadership: Drives business results by aligning the vision, mission, and values to enhance business value. Draws upon the unique talents and abilities of others to achieve desired results.
- Interpersonal Skills: Consistently builds strong, long-term relationships both inside and outside the organization.
- Results-oriented: Passionate about accomplishments and dedicated to achieving goals and solving problems.
Leadership Guide for First-Time Managers
The transition from employee to a leader is one of the most challenging times in a career. Dale Carnegie’s learning guide provides areas for first-time managers to concentrate and build their leadership skills. Read More >
Dale Carnegie Methodology
The Dale Carnegie® methodology is time-tested with thousands of testimonials attesting that it works. From the very start, on an individual level, you will set stretch goals and with the support of the social learning environment, the ‘in-the-moment’ coaching by the highly trained facilitators, the accountability to commitments, progress will be visible to yourself and others. In the Dale Carnegie® methodology, we focus on building strengths to overpower our weaknesses. We believe that everyone has inherent greatness, and it simply needs to be identified and nurtured.