Essential Leadership Techniques
One of the most significant challenges is transitioning from being a ‘doer’ to a ‘leader’. Leadership is a learned skill. While attributes such as work ethic, determination, enthusiasm, and integrity likely contributed to your promotion and may come naturally, leadership skills need to be learned, earned, and practiced.
Learn to transition from doing to leading while leveraging your skills and time!
Any supervisor or manager who wants to increase productivity, boost morale, and improve quality.
What You’ll Learn
Have you been promoted from being an individual contributor to supervision and leadership? Leadership is a learned skill. As a leader, your job is to get others to be able to do what you did as well or better than you did them.
You will learn to transition from doing to leading while leveraging your skills and time including:
- Balance people and process.
- Delegate and hold self and others accountable.
- Earn the right to coach and have followers.
- Incorporate praise into your daily interactions.
Why You Want To Learn It
Leadership is about motivating team members to want to do their work. Tell me what to do and you achieve compliance. Inspire me to want to do something and you have my cooperation and commitment which drives my performance.
Which side of the equation do you want to be on? Learn how to:
- Listen empathetically.
- Build trust, credibility, and respect.
- Build cooperation and foster collaboration.
- Build confidence and loyalty in others.
How It Will Help You
You will transition from doing to leading by using proven techniques and human relation principles to build a high performing team.
- Leadership: Drives business results by aligning the vision, mission, and values to enhance business value. Draws upon the unique talents and abilities of others to achieve desired results.
- Interpersonal Skills: Consistently builds strong, long-term relationships both inside and outside the organization.
- Management Controls: Implements and oversees necessary policy and controls to ensure the integrity and efficiency of the organization’s processes.
- Attitude: Maintains a friendly, positive, and enthusiastic outlook.
- Decision Making: Chooses among courses of action by considering facts, risks, objectives, and priorities.
- Professionalism: Projects an image of honesty, confidence, and integrity that fosters credibility.
The transition from employee to leader is one of the most challenging times in a career. Dale Carnegie’s learning guide provides areas for first-time managers to concentrate and build their leadership skills. Read More >
Employee engagement translates to superior performance. Knowing how managers act as the catalyst for engagement provides organizations with further insight on how to move the needle on employment engagement levels - and realize the bottom line benefits. Read More >
Dale Carnegie Methodology
The Dale Carnegie® methodology is time-tested with thousands of testimonials attesting that it works. From the very start, on an individual level, you will set stretch goals and with the support of the social learning environment, the ‘in-the-moment’ coaching by the highly trained facilitators, the accountability to commitments, progress will be visible to yourself and others. In the Dale Carnegie® methodology, we focus on building strengths to overpower our weaknesses. We believe that everyone has inherent greatness, and it simply needs to be identified and nurtured.
What is eVolve?
eVolve is a transformational learning platform designed to build skills through experience, social collaboration, practice and application in the real world. eVolve is the only online learning platform to harness the time-tested principles of Dale Carnegie and the unique training methodology that creates performance change. In courses elevated by the eVolve learning platform, you will connect with your trainer and peers before, during and after the course and unlock digital content to supplement your learning journey. Sustain and sharpen your skills with 12 months extended access.
What does Learn From Anywhere mean?
Courses with the Learn from Anywhere option allows you to select where you are most comfortable learning; in the training room or live online. You choose how you would like to attend, session to session. Don’t let your schedule get in the way of advancing your career or your personal improvement. With Dale Carnegie Learn from Anywhere, you can now experience our programs in a truly flexible format. Join live online one week and in person the next. You control how you want to attend. Whether in person or live online, your experiences are the same. Learn through the same trainer, alongside the same classmates, and grow with the same content experience regardless of location. (Group size must be maintained for optimal experience. Subject to approval by Trainer.)