High Impact Presentation
This course focuses on the audience – the listeners. If a presenter sincerely cares about conveying the most appropriate message, the focus can change from thinking about ourselves to a breakthrough in helping to overcome some of the natural nervousness or distracting habits that can inhibit success.
Professionals needing to inspire large audiences, motivate executives and team members, represent their organization, or simply control a meeting. This course focuses on more advanced presentation skills, so a level of comfort with public speaking is recommended.
What You’ll Learn
Being an outstanding communicator is one of the most important and critical skills a professional can work to achieve. An effective communicator can help sort out the deluge of information the average person is surrounded with and impart it to others to lead, influence, and inspire.
The good news is that all these skills can be learned and practiced. Great presenters are not born. They take the time and the commitment to learn and practice them and make them their own.
The High Impact Presentations course focuses on structuring an effective presentation that builds credibility and engages your audience while clearly and persuasively conveying your message. Participants explore the optimum use of voice and gesture to create a lasting impression – as well as a variety of presentation styles, ranging from a formal speech to a casual meeting or contentious conversation.
Discover: Discover your unique strengths as a presenter and develop additional skills and professional characteristics that can push you to your next level of success as a leader in your organization.
Expect Thoroughly Trained Trainers: Psychological Safety is emphasized to create a safe place to try out new skills and ideas. The trainers are highly vetted and undergo intense training that is ISO9002 certified to achieve consistent results globally. While part of a global organization, they are connected to your local culture, customs and language.
Expect Breakthroughs: Each time a new tool is introduced, it is practiced the ‘right’ way and coached in the moment. Successful attempts with positive reinforcement and habits are changed, and new skills are ingrained. The group is small and encouraging which adds a supportive social learning aspect that makes the experience fun while stretching comfort zones.
Why you want to learn it
Consider some challenges: Persuading customers to buy a new product. Getting employees to embrace a major change initiative. Urging competitors to engage in a collaborative venture. How do companies succeed at turning such communication challenges into gains for the business?
Dale Carnegie gives businesspeople the tools to successfully build their case. We excel at empowering people to communicate boldly before any constituency, under any conditions. We deliver critical methods and tools people can use to present compelling messages, connect confidently with any audience, and help generate new growth.
The experience in this program is as close as you can get to having a personal training coach.
- Participants present at least 7 times over the course of 2 days.
- Your presentations are videotaped and evaluated.
- And you get expert one-on-one coaching at the end of each presentation.
There are two trainers who will challenge participants to overcome distracting habits and point out the strengths they possess, building on those strengths to squeeze out the weaknesses they must overcome to be high impact. After each participant has presented, their video of their presentation will be reviewed individually in the presence of a trainer. This serves several purposes: it allows the participants to see how their audience sees them, as well as the opportunity for the trainer to ask specific questions about individual leadership needs.
Many organizations have needed to pivot to virtual or deliberately made the decision to continue with virtual teams, virtual meetings with clients, and virtual presentations. This has accelerated the necessity to deliver in-person presentations and virtual presentations with the same skills and results. Participants are asked how they typically present - in person, virtual or blended - and the trainers will coach in an individual context during the course.
How it will help you
You will see measurable gains in better communication, enhanced personal and professional image, and ultimately, your bottom line.
- Create a vision for yourself as a communicator with great impact
- Communicate with enhanced credibility
- Present a positive image of your organization
- Reinforce an informative message with supportive evidence
- Lead effective Q&A sessions
- Develop flexibility in making complex material simple and understandable
- Follow a logical progression of ideas
- Bring life and clarity to your communication with increased flexibility using expressions, pacing/pauses, gestures, and voice modulation
- Overcome barriers that restrict flexibility
- Persuade an audience to take action
- Offer reliable, verifiable evidence in the form of a personal story
- Be motivational, clear, and concise
- Communicate in a convincing manner
- Maintain professional composure under pressure
- Communicate clear, concise, positive messages
- Sell strategic ideas, self, and organization
- Communicate leadership ability to handle stressful situations
- Logically and emotionally appeal to the audience
- Use structure to gain the confidence of the audience
- Influence: Consistently directs situations and inspires mutual commitment and an all-win outcome.
- Communication: Practices active listening supported with relevant oral and written information.
- Interpersonal Skills: Consistently builds strong, long-term relationships both inside and outside the organization.
- Professionalism: Projects an image of honesty, confidence and integrity that fosters credibility.
Dale Carnegie Methodology
The Dale Carnegie® methodology is time-tested with thousands of testimonials attesting that it works. From the very start, on an individual level, you will set stretch goals and with the support of the social learning environment, the ‘in-the-moment’ coaching by the highly trained facilitator(s), the accountability to commitments, progress will be visible to yourself and others. In the Dale Carnegie® methodology, we focus on building strengths to overpower our weaknesses. We believe that everyone has inherent greatness, and it simply needs to be identified and nurtured.
What is eVolve?
eVolve is a transformational learning platform designed to build skills through experience, social collaboration, practice and application in the real world. eVolve is the only online learning platform to harness the time-tested principles of Dale Carnegie and the unique training methodology that creates performance change. In courses elevated by the eVolve learning platform, you will connect with your trainer and peers before, during and after the course and unlock digital content to supplement your learning journey. Sustain and sharpen your skills with 12 months extended access.
What does Learn From Anywhere mean?
Courses with the Learn from Anywhere option allows you to select where you are most comfortable learning; in the training room or live online. You choose how you would like to attend, session to session. Don’t let your schedule get in the way of advancing your career or your personal improvement. With Dale Carnegie Learn from Anywhere, you can now experience our programs in a truly flexible format. Join live online one week and in person the next. You control how you want to attend. Whether in person or live online, your experiences are the same. Learn through the same trainer, alongside the same classmates, and grow with the same content experience regardless of location. (Group size must be maintained for optimal experience. Subject to approval by Trainer.)