Critical Thinking: Tools for Effective Action
Leaders need to be proactive in finding solutions to problems before they arise. Pinpointing opportunities for improvement through creative brainstorming, and logically evaluating options assists in decision making and avoiding issues before they develop. Apply proven tools to inspire your team to envision the possibilities!
What You’ll Learn
You’ll learn how to come to reasonable solutions more quickly and creatively. Using the Critical Thinking Process introduced in the course, you’ll gather and interpret relevant information that leads to practical solutions. Through a proven process you’ll identify the root cause of your most pressing problems and evaluate the corrective measures that lead to breakthrough results.
Why you want to learn it
In today’s competitive environment, professionals who are both creative and logical in their thinking are in high demand. Complex business challenges call for people who can not only make decisions, but make the RIGHT decisions. Gain critical thinking skills and tools that make you a leader in the market place.
How it will help you
Employing innovative approaches for visualization and fact finding, you’ll identify root causes of problems. Understanding the problem is half the battle! Once you evaluate issues clearly, you’ll be ready to generate fruitful solutions and make decisions that transform your business.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Use the Critical Thinking Process to gather and interpret relevant information and come to well-reasoned conclusions and solutions
- Differentiate between the Green-light and Red-light thinking mechanism
- Employ visualization and fact finding to verify that you have identified the real cause of the problem
- Critically evaluate alternatives using deductive and inductive reasoning strategies, the ladder of inference, and logic trees
- Apply decision-making techniques to choose effective solutions.