How do I prepare my computer?
Dale Carnegie Digital’s public Live Online programs use the Adobe Connect platform. This platform is both powerful and easy to use, with a host of features that our designers, trainers, and producers leverage in delivering outstanding Live Online learning experiences. You don’t need to install any bulky software – you connect to your session through a simple link which opens the course interface right in your browser.
Never attended a session with us before? Test your system here:
How do I prepare my Audio?
Audio for the course is provided via your telephone. When you join the session, you will be provided with the audio conference numbers you need to connect.
- Why telephone? This is a very interactive class, and using a telephone allows everyone to contribute to the conversation.
- How do I get the teleconference information? As soon as you enter the session, the teleconference will be available. If you need help, a producer will be there to assist you.
- Necessary hardware: The best practice is to use a hands free telephone headset.
What is the audio technology used?
We use different audio technology depending on the Live Online program type and duration.
1. VOIP: For Live Online 1-hour webinars, participants attend through their computer’s speakers (using VOIP, or Voice Over Internet Protocol). There is no phone number to dial, as you can fully participate through your computer system only. All you need to do is test your headset and computer’s audio connection ahead of time to make sure you will be able to hear clearly, and thereby interact with the trainer, producer, and all fellow participants using the chat, whiteboard, and other interactive tools in Adobe Connect.
If you experience difficulty hearing the presenters, please first adjust your computer’s volume and verify your sound/speakers are turned on, or that your headset is properly plugged in. If necessary, disconnect and reconnect (leave and re-enter the Adobe Connect room) as this can very often fix any audio glitches. If you still encounter audio issues, please use the chat function in Adobe Connect to request help from the session producer.
2. Phone: For Live Online 2-hour and 3-hour workshop and seminar sessions, participants connect via telephone – follow the prompts to connect when you join the Adobe Connect session (choosing the Dial-Out option is strongly recommended). A good, clear phone connection is best to make sure you can hear the trainer and producer, and fully collaborate with your fellow participants (a landline is more reliable and clear than a cell phone.) As noted below, please do not attend using a speaker phone as this creates difficulties for the presenter, producer, and your fellow participants.
Billing and Customer Support: 1-855-820-9200
Back to Top
Are the Live Online programs recorded?
Yes, all Live Online programs are recorded for internal review and training purposes. If you are a paid participant in a program and would like access to a recording of the session you attended, you can request that after the program is concluded and a link will be provided for 30 days after the date of the session.
What program communications can I expect once I register?
Once you register for a Live Online program, you will receive a welcome email with further information including how to access the Dale Carnegie Digital Learning Portal, login to your session when the date and time arrives, and access any program materials available.
If you have registered in advance, you will also receive a reminder email two days prior to your program’s date. After the program concludes, you will also receive a follow-up email.
If you find you are not receiving any of these emails, please check your email spam or junk folder as it is possible it was misclassified by your email application.
Can I attend using my mobile device?
How can I contact Dale Carnegie Digital with questions I have about my Live Online session?
Phone: 1-855-820-9200 (Mon-Fri , 8AM-5PM Eastern and during all scheduled Live Online Sessions)